Competition Terms & Conditions
- These terms and conditions apply to all competitions featured in any publications and online services that are organised by Post Newspapers Ltd (or a third party on Post Newspapers Ltd behalf).
- By entering a competition entrants accept these terms and conditions together with any specific instructions and terms for such competition which may be mentioned in any electronic messages, or on the website, or communicated to entrants in any other way (“competition information”). Such competition information shall prevail in the event of there being any inconsistency between these competition terms and conditions and any competition information.
- Post Newspapers Ltd may cancel or amend any competition, competition information, or these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the competition information or these terms and conditions.
- Post Newspapers Ltd reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition or the terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside Post Newspapers Ltd’s reasonable control. Any changes will be posted either within these terms and conditions or the competition.
- The competition is open to all residents of the United Kingdom, i.e. England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales. For the avoidance of doubt, Jersey, Guernsey, and the Isle of Man are not part of the United Kingdom for these purposes. Post Newspapers Ltd may ask competition winners for proof of UK residency and if a competition winner is unable to prove their residency to Post Newspapers Ltd’s satisfaction (i.e. prove that they are physically present in the UK for 183 days or more in the previous or current UK tax year), Post Newspapers Ltd reserves the right to select an alternative winner. There is no minimum age limit unless specified otherwise in the competition information. However, entrants under the age of 18 must insert contact details of a parent or guardian when entering. Employees and members of their immediate families (including any live-in partner or household member) of Post Newspapers Ltd may not enter.
- Where an entrant requires the details of his/her parent/guardian to be entered on to the entry forms, Post Newspapers Ltd may ask for proof of age and in all competitions evidence to verify the identity of that entrant at any time, and may use any channels and methods available to carry out checks of any details provided. Entrants may only enter the competition in their own name.
- The opening and closing dates and times for entries are as indicated in the competition information. Any entries received before the opening and after the closing of the competition will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
- By entering the competition entrants warrant that all information submitted by them is true, current, and complete. Entrants also warrant that they are the copyright owners of any copyright works submitted, e.g. photographs and drawings, and Post Newspapers Ltd’s use of such works (which you will permit) will not infringe the rights of any third party.
- Any limit on the number of entries a person or household may make will be clearly stated in the competition information. Entries received that exceed this limit will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
- Entry to the competition may only be made through the applicable method(s) indicated in the competition information. Not all of the following methods of entry may be available for entry to each competition. The following terms and conditions will apply where the method is indicated as being available in the competition information. Where entrants pay an entry fee, they must have the permission of the bill payer before entering; otherwise the entry will be invalid.
(a) Email entry
Where specified as an available method of entry to the competition, email entrants may enter the competition by sending an email with the information indicated in the competition information and at the email address indicated. There is no charge for email entries.
(b) Postal entry
Where specified as an available method of entry to the competition, postal entrants may enter the competition by responding with the information indicated in the competition details by posting their answer. There is no charge for such entries except the postal costs.
- Neither Post Newspapers Ltd nor its servants, agents, nor any other party or organisation involved in the management, promotion, or administration of the competition or its entry routes or donation of prizes or their agents or subsidiaries involved in the competition will accept responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in delivery, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed or other causes outside its control.
- Entries submitted through agents or third parties or in bulk (i.e. in the case of postal entries, more than one entry submitted under the same postage stamp) will not be accepted. Entrants may enter as many times as they like unless otherwise indicated in the competition information but no more than one prize per person per competition will be awarded.
- Any entries which are incomplete, incorrect, incomprehensible, or not received by Post Newspapers Ltd will be void.
- In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of the entry or any answers given by entrants (if applicable), or the operation of any part of the competition (in the case of postal entries, a postal strike for example), network or phone system, the decision of Post Newspapers Ltd shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Post Newspapers Ltd will not be liable to reimburse expenses incurred in making an entry in any competition. Where Post Newspapers Ltd decides in its sole discretion that an entrant is eligible for a refund, eligibility for refunds will be notified to relevant entrants. Post Newspapers Ltd reserves the right to refuse to refund any messages where it suspects dishonest or fraudulent conduct on the sender’s part or where the entrant has not complied with the rules of the competition.
- The prize is as specified in the competition information.
- Where the winner is required to speak for the purposes of a film or video production they must appear to be able to communicate clearly and appropriately for the production in question. Post Newspapers Ltd reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that these requirements are not met.
- The process for determining the winner of the prize is as indicated in the competition information. Where the winner is randomly selected from all correct and valid entries.
- Prize draw prizes will be awarded in accordance with the laws of chance and, if required by law or regulation, under the supervision of an independent observer. Any competition requiring a subjective assessment in the selection of winning entries will be judged by Post Newspapers Ltd or as indicated in the competition information and, if required by law or regulation, an independent judge or a panel including one member who is independent of the competition’s promoters and intermediaries.
- Should more prizes be claimed than are available for any reason, a simple prize draw will take place for the available prize(s).
- Post Newspapers Ltd will attempt to notify the winner as indicated in the competition information, and where time is of the essence for such a period as Post Newspapers Ltd shall in its absolute discretion deem reasonable. He/she will be contacted on the phone number or email address provided when entering the competition. The winner will have a specified fixed time period in which to claim his or her prize. If Post Newspapers Ltd is unable to notify the winner, or if the winner fails to respond within the fixed time period as specified and/or provide an address for delivery of the prize, this may result in forfeiture of the prize and Post Newspapers Ltd reserves the right to select an alternative winner in accordance with these terms and conditions and the competition information.
- Any entrant who enters or attempts to enter the competition in a manner, which in Post Newspapers Ltd determination is contrary to these terms and conditions or by its nature is unfair to other entrants may be removed from the competition at Post Newspapers Ltd sole discretion.
- Post Newspapers Ltd reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the competition in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the competition is not capable of being conducted as specified in these terms and conditions or in the event of a virus, computer bug or unauthorised human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of Post Newspapers Ltd that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality, or normal course of the competition.
- Post Newspapers Ltd reserves the right in its sole discretion to withhold delivery of the prize until such proof of eligibility and identity has been confirmed or if such proof is not produced on request or to disqualify the entrant from the competition.
- Post Newspapers Ltd shall try to deliver the prize to the winner within 28 days from the date of the draw, unless otherwise specified to the winner. Delivery restrictions may apply. No cash equivalent (where applicable) or alternative prize will be given and the prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. However, Post Newspapers Ltd reserves the right to change the prize due to circumstances beyond its control or to offer an alternative of similar value.
- In relation to all competitions, the first name and surname of the winner may be published by Post Newspapers Ltd and entrants grant to Post Newspapers Ltd a non-exclusive licence to use and publish their entry in any media for the purpose of announcing the winner.
Data Protection and Publicity
- Post Newspapers Ltd (or any third party nominated by Post Newspapers Ltd) may exercise its sole discretion to use the winner’s (and (if applicable) their companion’s) name, address, and image and it comments relating to the prize and competition experience for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice or without any fee being paid.
- Information, data and the caller line identity (“personal data”) which is provided by entrants when they enter will be held and used by Post Newspapers Ltd and its suppliers and contractors in order to administer the competition. If entrants call from a withheld caller line identity and do not provide their caller line identity when entering the competition, Post Newspapers Ltd may use the withheld caller line identity for customer care purposes such as refunds or communications relating to a service e.g. to notify a winner. Entrants’ personal data may also be passed to their mobile phone network or to relevant regulatory bodies including PhonePayPlus, the police or other authorities in the course of the investigation of any complaints or suspected unlawful activity or where requested by the phone provider in connection with the billing arrangements for the competition. Aggregate, non personal data may also be used for the purpose of undertaking market research or in facilitating reviews, developments and improvements to relevant services.
- Post Newspapers Ltd shall comply with all applicable requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulation, any successor legislation or other applicable law.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit Post Newspapers Ltd’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its staff or suppliers negligence or for fraud. Subject to this, Post Newspapers Ltd cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Post Newspapers Ltd is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the
Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the competition.
- Post Newspapers Ltd cannot promise that the services relating to the competition will be free from errors or omissions nor that they will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition.These services may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons reasonably beyond the control of Post Newspapers Ltd. Post Newspapers Ltd will not be liable in the event that all or any part of the service relating to the competition is discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
- In the event that any entrant does not, or is unable to, comply with and meet these terms and conditions and the competition information, Post Newspapers Ltd shall be entitled at its sole discretion to disqualify such entrant, without any further liability to such entrant. In these circumstances, any prize(s) won by the entrant may be forfeited and Post Newspapers Ltd reserves the right to reclaim any prize(s) already distributed to the entrant. Any entrant must comply with any directions given to him or her by Post Newspapers Ltd including but not limited to any and all relevant laws, rules and applicable regulatory codes.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these terms and conditions shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these terms and conditions shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- Please note that calls may be recorded to ensure that competition entries are captured for staff training and quality control purposes.
- The promoter of the competition is Post Newspapers Ltd, 63 London Road, Bognor Regis, West Sussex, PO21 1DF
- These terms and conditions were last updated on Wednesday, September 26, 2018.