Three MEN have been arrested in connection with the damage of postboxes and telephone kiosks in the Chichester district.
Officers are investigating a total of eight incidents in Bosham, Lavant, Charlton, East Dean and Oving between 10pm and 12 midnight on Wednesday, December 26. The damage was believed to have been caused by an explosive device.
The locations currently identified are as follows:
Postbox outside The Reach, Smugglers Lane, Bosham
- Postbox at the entrance to Bosham Hoe on Hoe Lane junction with Smugglers Lane, Bosham
- Postbox on the A286 junction with St Nicholas Road, Lavant
- Postbox outside The Fox Goes Free Public House, Charlton Road, Charlton
- Postbox near the Star and Garter pub, East Dean
- Postbox Folly Lane, Barlavington
- Telephone kiosk on the corner of Richmond Road, Westerton
- Telephone kiosk at the High Street junction with Highfield Lane, Oving
A 22-year-old man from Chichester and a 23-year-old from Hampshire were arrested on suspicion of causing an explosion likely to endanger life.
A 22-year-old man from Chichester was arrested on suspicion of causing an explosion likely to endanger life and possession of a class B drug. All three were released on police bail until February 5.